Thursday 6 September 2012

Digital technology use in any classroom

Digital technology use in any classroom

Not too long ago, educators where required to "book in" the computer room/lab so as students had access to digital technology. Traditional computing teachers held their classes in these labs, so one was lucky to be afforded the time to use them! Nowadays, we see a vastly different educational landscape. Digital technology use is integrated into all areas of education. From learning within KLA/subject areas, communication with students and parents to managing grounds and maintenance. 

The video below is from ISTE. It encapsulates Computational thinking: a digital age skill for everyone.





Today, I am presenting to students at the Australian Catholic University, Strathfield. Whilst I will add to this post later, here are the some resources I used for the presentation on "Digital technology use in any classroom".  (Will add more tonight) <--- see below.










Suggested follows: 

TAS tweachers: 


Extra resources added below:




Food technology learning journey (my class blog)

Building a PLN (professional learning network) Currents of my river: with my PLN; I am

Pearltrees: Currents of my river: International teachmeet March 2012

Tweegram

Google docs: Aussie Tweacher (good place to start with follows-listed by KLA)



Teacher Moloney King's Blog

#TMsydney wikispaces.com If you haven't yet been to a teachmeet-GO! Connect!

Storify: #twitter4me 
(archive of responses from around the world FOR YOU GUYS!)

Thanks to #acu_edst... It is wonderful to see some of you utilizing Twitter to benefit your learning. I was surprised at how many were opposed to the idea of Twitter and hence failed to see it's value. I hope I was able to shed some light on the importance of twitter to world of education.  If you do manage to become more active on Twitter, please drop me a line or leave a comment below.  Thanks to the students that have provided feedback #grateful

1 comment:

  1. thanks Jeannette for the mention. I hope someone picks up and start to connect, and not just follow. Learning thru connections can go both ways. :)

    This is a good, concise compendium of resources. Good work.

    cheers,
    Malyn

    ReplyDelete